WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.
Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw.
Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.
He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
Wenatchee, a city of more than 30,000, is about 130 miles from Seattle.
Information from: KPQ-AM, http://www.kpq.com/
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
If the fee was enacted as planned in the New Starts application, the expected $555 million in revenue would almost double the amount of taxes and fees motorists currently pay to the state through gas taxes
Ronald Nored, guard for the Butler University basketball teams that went to back-to-back Final Fours in the NCAA Tournament, has already landed his first coaching gig. The former Bulldog will lead the Brownsburg High School Bulldogs.
The university announced Blue III, also known as Trip, on Thursday. He was born Dec. 23 in Indiana. The university's current live mascot, Blue II, remains with the school.